At the request of a few people, I have created an add-in for EPDM that prints files to PDF. The addin sends the file to a PDF printer (Bullzip PDF), prints it, adds it to the vault, and checks it in. The beauty of the addin is that it should work with any application. (Besides SolidWorks because of the way it handles print.)
- Using the administration tool, right click on Add-ins and select new add-in.
- Browse to the directory containing the add-in you wish to add and select all the files relevant to the add-in. In this case, EPDM.Utils.dll, EPDMPrintToPDFTaskAddin.dll, and Interop.EdmLib.dll.
- Right click on Tasks in the administration tool and select 'New Task'.
- Select EPDMPrintToPDFTaskAddin in the Add-in combobox.
- Select the computers that will support the task. If you haven't set up Task Host Configuration, select Task Host Configuration from the EPDM icon in the notification area. Once done, press the Refresh List button in the addin setup page. Press next.
- Enter your Bullzip PDF Printer name and enter the path to save the PDFs in.
- Press OK.
- Now, either setup your workflow to add the task to a transition, or right click on a file and select Print to Bullzip PDF.
- That's it!
Give it a try. If you find it useful, please consider sending a small donation.
The add-in now allows one to save PDFs outside the vault.
There is an issue with the latest version of Bullzip because it uses .NET4. Install this version instead.
EPDMPrintToPDF_ver40.zip (90.47 kb)